Well, it is the end of my first week back to school - both taking classes and teaching classes. And I survived! But just barely.
My car decided this was the best week to begin stalling at random moments for no apparent reason, my alarm clock ran out of batteries (it isn't the kind that plugs in), and that was just the beginning.
My mentor teacher was unexpectedly absent on the day I finally was able to take my car in to the mechanic. "No problem," I said. "Plenty of time to drop off the car and take a cab to work. I mean, I do have almost two hours between when the place opens and when the first class starts..." I did not knock on wood, sadly.
So after dropping off my car at the mechanic and waiting over an hour and a half for The Cab That Never Arrived, the owner came out and drove me to school! He is going straight to heaven, for sure.
Anyhow, the kids didn't seem to mind me being a little late (there was a paid sub there though he didn't know the material), and I did a bit of lecture for them and helped them with the assignment. It all worked out.
But I have to say I am terribly glad to be finished with the week.
In other news, for Christmas I got a Harry Potter scarf in Slytherin colors (colours? heh) and with a Slytherin patch on it. I am so amused! Also some other cool stuff that is harder to explain but just as amusing or cool or pretty, depending. The break was good for me, even if I spent most of it writing papers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You could ask that man if he wants nuns praying for him to have extra brownie points in heaven - while it doesn't it with my theology, if there were such a thing, I'm sure he'd deserve it!
Is your car all better yet?
My car is still almost-stalling but not quite completely stalling. There are more expensive pieces to order and replace if it doesn't work. Bah on cars - this year hasn't been a great car year for me.
(-:
Post a Comment